Two eastern Idaho cities are giving special instructions to people on disposing of their Christmas trees.
You cannot put your tree with the regular garbage, the city says. Residents have until Jan. 31 to dispose of trees in one of the following locations:
- Washburn & Michael (Reinhart Park)
- Grandview & Foote Drive
- Coachman & Broadway (behind car wash)
- Pancheri (west of Eagle Rock School)
- Fremont Avenue (by recycling bin north of Science Center)
- Mound & W. Elva Street (Melaleuca Field parking lot)
- N. Water & Chestnut (northeast corner)
- W. 13th & Placer
- 10th & Emerson
- 17th & Emerson
- S. Boulevard & Rogers Street
- Bennett & Waid
- Cleveland & Fanning (southwest corner)
- Sunnyside Park (by Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center -- southeast corner)
- South of First Street (west side of Meppen)
- Sykes & Davidson
- Ashment & 12th Street
- Russet & Lincoln
Don't forget to remove all ornaments and lights from your tree before you toss it.
Drop boxes will be available for tree disposal at the following locations:
- Pocatello City Hall at 911 N. 7th Ave.
- Rainey Park on South Arthur Avenue
- By the entrance to Sister City Park on Pocatello Creek Road
The tree disposal boxes will be removed Jan. 7.
In addition, the Gate City is picking up extra boxes and bags of garbage from holiday celebrations from until Tuesday. Just put the extra trash in the same location as your regular garbage, and it will be removed on the scheduled collection day.