Western Wyoming prepares for flooding
Updated On: Mar 07 2014 02:00:26 PM CST
Western Wyoming was preparing for flooding Friday.
The National Weather Service issued a flood advisory for south-central Teton County due to recent rain and snowmelt.
"While we have received several reports of minor flooding, we haven’t received any reports of creek or river flooding at this time," said Teton County Emergency Management Coordinator Rich Ochs in a news release.
The county is making sand and sandbags available to residents at these locations:
- Town of Jackson Public Works yard, 450 W. Snow King Ave.
- Teton County Road & Levee yard, 3190 S. Adams Canyon Drive
In Lincoln County, flooding is occurring near fields and along roads. More flooding has occurred in Etna and Auburn, the county said Friday.
Sand and sandbags are available in the following locations in Lincoln County:
- Afton: Lincoln County Road & Bridge facility on Twin Cliffs Road
- Thayne: Lincoln County Road & Bridge facility off Highway 89 east of Star Valley Ski-doo
- Etna: LDS church parking lot
Although weather will improve into the weekend, another storm with potential for rain and snow is expected early next week, Lincoln County said.
Copyright 2014 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.