Tuesday is Election Day, and some upper valley school districts are hoping to approve supplemental levies.
– Fremont School District is asking voters to approve a $1.5 million levy for two years. See http://www.sd215.k12.id.us/ for more info.
– Jefferson School District is hoping to get 2-million dollars approved for two years. See http://www.d251.k12.id.us/ for more info.
– In Power County, Arbon Elementary is pushing for $50,000 for 2014, and Rockland School is hoping for a $210,000 levy to pass.
There is also a construction bond for the Salmon School District.
Voters there have two options:
1. A $14.5 million bond for a new K-8 building.
2. $3.6 million to place a new roof on all existing buildings.
If both measures fail, the state will loan the district the $3.6 million for Option 2. Locals will then have to repay it.
More info on the Salmon bond is available at http://www.salmonschoolbond.com/.