Idaho Falls
70° F
Clear
Clear

Community mourns after family dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

By Staff Writer
Published On: Feb 24 2014 09:56:37 AM CST
Updated On: Feb 25 2014 11:59:35 AM CST

One local family is killed by CO poisoning which shocks the community

POCATELLO, Idaho -

The Pocatello community is mourning the deaths of a family on the 1700 block of Satterfield. 

Detectives are looking into the deaths of the Parrishes -- Bill, 47, wife, Ross, 46, and sons Keegan, 14, and Liam, 12. On Monday, Bannock County Coroner Kim Quick said they died of carbon monoxide poisoning around 11 p.m. Saturday or in the early morning hours of Sunday.

They were found when relatives became concerned after the family didn't show up to church. The Pocatello Fire Department said the carbon monoxide came from a water heater that was not working properly.

"They were amazing," said family friend Linda Larsen. "There wasn't ever a time when they didn't have the biggest smiles on their faces. They were willing to do anything to do anything for anybody."

Classmates of the boys said they're still having a hard time making sense of everything.

"Almost everyone was crying," said classmate McKynlee Gilbert. "They all knew Keegan. He was a big friend of everyone. It was really sad. It's like, if you walked into choir and you weren't crying, then you were crying when you walked out."

The Parrish family also has a daughter, Jensen, serving an LDS mission in Portland and a son, Ian, serving a mission in South Dakota. Both were notified, and family members said the funeral will be held Saturday. More information on the funeral will be posted here.

For more information on carbon monoxide poisoning, you can visit this link to the Pocatello Fire Department's safety information page: http://local.nixle.com/alert/5152869.

Advertisement