5 fires contained in Oneida County
Updated On: Aug 21 2013 11:25:23 AM CDT
Firefighters contained five fires in the Malad area Tuesday night.
A thunderstorm moving through Oneida County around 3 p.m. Tuesday caused the Eastern Idaho Interagency Dispatch Center to get reports of smoke from five different places.
Here is the status of each of the fires:
- Monson Fire: 25 to 30 acres, nine miles northwest of Malad, contained Tuesday night.
- Morgan Jones Canyon Fire: Nearly 1 acre, 12 miles northwest of Holbrook, contained and controlled Tuesday night.
- Lime Kiln Fire: 1 acre, six miles northwest of Malad, contained and controlled Tuesday night.
- Wood Canyon Fire: 3 to 5 acres, six miles northeast of Holbrook, contained Tuesday night, expected to be controlled Wednesday morning.
- Elkhorn Fire: 1.7 acres, 10 miles northeast of Holbrook, contained Tuesday night.
Still burning in the area is the State Fire, which is burning on the Idaho/Utah border. The nearly 30,000-acre fire was 90 percent contained as of Tuesday, the most recent update available.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.