Idaho Falls
50° F
Clear
Clear

Family safe after Iona chimney fire

By Christina Jensen
Luke Jones
Published On: Dec 24 2013 01:36:31 PM CST
Updated On: Nov 03 2013 07:59:45 PM CST

An Iona family is safe after a chilling chimney fire.

IONA, Idaho -

A local family is safe after a chimney fire in Iona Sunday afternoon. The Idaho Falls Fire Department said the fire caused about $30,000 in damages.

Idaho Falls Firefighters responded to the call around 12:00 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block of East Denning. The family made the call when it noticed smoke coming from the chimney.

Local News 8 talked to the owner of the home, who said his five grandchildren were inside with their parents. The grandchildren were between the ages of 3 to 11.

Fire crews contained the fire. No injuries have been reported.

Advertisement