UPRR locomotive catches fire
A Union Pacific Railroad train is back on track after one of its locomotives caught fire while rolling through the Cheyenne Crossing in Pocatello at 7:10 am Friday.
The Pocatello, Inkom and Pocatello Valley fire departments were called out as the train continued to move southbound. The Pocatello Fire Department said the fire was apparently started when a spark ignited residue on the locomotive's exhaust system.
Railroad crews had the fire nearly suppressed by the time Pocatello firemen arrived on scene. The train was allowed to continue.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.