Idaho Falls
87° F
Clear
Clear

Idaho Falls home damaged by fire

By Staff Writer
Published On: Oct 26 2012 10:09:00 AM CDT
Updated On: Oct 26 2012 06:07:01 PM CDT

The fire chief said Friday morning's blaze could have been prevented.

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -

An early morning fire caused approximately $40 thousand in damage to a home in the 200 block of East 11th Street in Idaho Falls on Friday.  Battalion Chief Dorin Howard said the fire was reported at 6:50 am.

The occupant, identified as Darlene Tracy, was not injured.  Firefighters had to remove a wall and a portion of the ceiling to gain access and contain the fire in that area.  The cause was blamed on aging electrical wiring.

Advertisement