Idaho Falls
57° F
Light Rain
Light Rain

House burns in Idaho Falls

By Staff Writer
Published On: Jan 31 2013 12:49:33 PM CST
Updated On: Jan 31 2013 04:53:27 PM CST
garfield fire

A home at 425 Garfield in Idaho Falls was burning Jan. 31.

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -

The Idaho Falls Fire Department says a house fire Thursday morning was caused by improper use of extension cords.

The fire on 420 Garfield ignited around 11 a.m. The fire extended from the front room into the attic space.

The blaze was out as of 11:30 a.m. It caused $25,000 in damage.

The owners were not home when the fire began.

Advertisement