Eagle released into wild
Updated On: Mar 26 2013 09:26:19 AM CDT
The Teton Raptor Center released a male bald eagle into the wild from the Hardeman Barns in Wilson on Monday.
The eagle was found hurt near his nest in the Melody Ranch area on Feb. 28.
The eagle's mate watched nearby as concerned citizens approached and noticed something wasn't quite right.
A Spring Creek Animal Hospital veterinarian suspects the eagle may have ingested some unknown toxin causing nervous system issues.
After several weeks of supportive care, including all the quail he could eat, the eagle has regained full coordination and appears symptom free, the center said. The eagle's first flight test demonstrated a full recovery with no apparent impairments.
The center estimates the eagle is at least 5 years old.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.