Calendar of Independence Day events
Updated On: Jul 03 2012 03:27:48 PM CDT
Below are the Independence Day events going on in eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. Although the list is long, it is not complete. If you have information on an event that is not listed, email email@example.com, and we will update this page as soon as possible.
All events are on Wednesday, July 4, unless otherwise noted.
- 2012 Fourth of July Parade with theme “Honoring our nation’s veterans,” 11 a.m., Pocatello, through Old Town up Center Street, across Eighth Avenue to the parking lot between ISU Student Union Building and Davis Field. Prizes.More info at http://www.pocatelloelks.org/parade or (208) 232-2400.
- Fourth of July Fireworks, 10 p.m., Lava Hot Springs, at park next to Lava’s swimming pools.
- Blackfoot Fourth of July Fireworks Show, 6 p.m., Jensen’s Grove. Live music. More info at http://blackfootchamber.org/blackfoot-chamber-4th-of-july-fireworks-show/.
More info on the following events on http://www.idahofallschamber.com/events/4th-of-july.html. Parking is restricted in Idaho Falls.
- 7th Annual FireKracker 5K, 7:15 a.m., parade route in Idaho Falls. Proceeds benefit the Military Affairs Committee. Preregister at
- Independence Day Parade, 9 a.m. Route intertwines the city’s residential neighborhoods and ends at Tautphaus Park.
- AT&T Liberty Festival on the Falls, noon, Memorial Drive near falls of the Snake River.
- Melaleuca Freedom Celebration (fireworks display), 10 p.m., Greenbelt.
- A variety of events at Soda Springs starting at 7 a.m. More info at http://www.sodachamber.com/annualevents.htm?eventId=476418&EventViewMode=EventDetails. The fireworks show has been canceled.
- Rotary Club Breakfast, 7:30 a.m., shelter at Ashton City Park. Cost: $5.
- Parade, 10 a.m., Main Street, Ashton. Games and car show to follow at City Park.
- Ashton pool open, 5 to 8 p.m., with admission at $2.
- June 30: Hungry Bear Monster Truck demos & rides and Mud Bog Circuit races, at the Hungry Bear Market & Deli’s new park across from the market, Hwy. 20 north of Island Park Village Resort. Races open to circuit pros and the general public. To register and for more info, call (208) 558-0100.
- Hungry Bear Mud Drags: Snowmobile and 4-Wheelers, all day at the Hungry Bear Market & Deli’s new park across from the market, Highway 20 north of Island Park Village Resort. To enter and for more info, call (208) 558-0100.
- Hungry Bear Fireworks Show, starting at dusk, Hwy. 20 north of Island Park Village Resort.
- Island Park Community Boat Regatta. Meet in the Welling Cove of Bills Island - lineup begins at 8 p.m. The Fremont County Boat will leave at 8:30 and lead the boats to Lakeside Lodge. Grand prize is a kayak. Second and third prizes will also be awarded.
- Lakeside Lodge Fireworks display in Island Park, 10:15 p.m.
- June 30: Independence Day Celebration, all day, Jefferson County Lake. Musical entertainment from 2 to 10 p.m., followed by fireworks. Cost: $5 for cars, $3 for walk-ins, family of six and under may walk in for $4, or you can buy a season pass at $20 for residents and $40 for out-of-county residents at main entrance. Swimmers and fishing enthusiasts (with fishing licenses) welcome. More information at (208) 745-0868.
- Rigby Lions will hold their Annual Breakfast July 4th from 7 to 10 AM. Hot Cakes, eggs, ham, & hash browns will be served. It is at the North City Park, W. First North. Profits will be used for Community Betterment projects.
- Flag raising, 7:30 a.m., Menan City Park. VFW gun salute, Menan Ladies Barbershop.
- Breakfast, 8 a.m., Menan City Park. Cost: $5 per person, $20 per family up to six. More info at (208) 313-5600 or 754-4656.
- 5K Fun Run, 8:15, registration at Menan Town Hall right after flag ceremony. More info at (208) 754-4916.
- Booths, 11 a.m., behind red brick church in Menan. Must apply by June 30, and food booths need a permit from the health department. For more info, call (208) 754-8876, 754-8526 or 403-7773.
- Children's races and tug of war, 11 a.m. north of Menan Town Hall.
- Parade, 2 p.m., starts at railroad tracks in Menan and goes east to 3600 East. More info at (208) 754-4568.
- Duck race, 4 p.m., starts at corner of 3565 East and Menan-Lorenzo Highway. Tickets can be bought at the breakfast, at the park booth or at the library. Cost: 1 duck for $2, 6 for $10. More info at (208) 754-0021.
- Entertainment, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., church park. To sign up, call (208) 754-4987.
- Fireworks, after dark, behind Menan Town Hall.
These events part of Salmon River Days. More info at http://www.salmonchamber.com/.
- Fireworks, Salmon, 9 or 10 p.m.
- July 6: Parade, 11 a.m., Main Street, Salmon. Wild West theme.
- June 29: Rexburg Chamber of Commerce Whoopee Days Golf Classic, 8 a.m., Teton Lakes Golf Course, Rexburg. Prizes. Call (208) 356-5700.
- Flag raising, 7:30 a.m., Veteran’s Memorial in Smith Park, Rexburg.
- Independence Day Parade, 10 a.m., starts at Smith Park and ends at Porter Park, Rexburg.
- Fireworks show, 9:30 p.m., American Falls Willow Bay Marina.
Teton County, Idaho
- June 30: Huntsman Springs Celebrate America festival, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., Huntsman Springs, Driggs. Fairs, food vendors, live music, fireworks. More info at http://www.celebrateamericaevent.com.
- Teton Valley Balloon Rally (Day 3), 6 a.m., Teton County Fairgrounds, Driggs. More info at http://www.tetonvalleyballoonrally.com.
- Teton Valley Rodeo, 7 p.m., Teton Valley Fairgrounds, Driggs. Cost: $8 adults, $4 children. More info at (208) 313-1470.
Teton County, Wyo.
- Jackson Hole Jaycees Pancake Breakfast, 8 a.m., Center Street, Jackson. Cost: $10 for adults and $5 for children.
- Howdy Pardners’ Fourth of July Parade, 10 a.m., downtown Jackson.
- Jackson Hole Rodeo, 8 p.m., Teton County Fairgrounds, Jackson. Cost: $18 reserved seating, $13 adults, $8 children.
- Fire in the Hole Fireworks!, 10 p.m., base of Snow King Mountain, Jackson.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.