NPG of Idaho, which operates KIFI Local News 8 and KIDK Eyewitness News 3, is looking for a Multi-Media journalist. This would be a photographer/live truck operator for our Idaho Falls newsroom.
We are looking for a self-starter who has high-energy and leadership skills. This person would need to be technically savvy in order to run the station’s live ENG truck.
The job requires you to write, shoot and edit your own reports plus help other reporters with shooting and researching their stories. You will also produce content for our award winning website, localnews8.com. This job is not an on-air position.
NPG of Idaho is rated as the #1 news team in the market and is committed to providing the best news content for eastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gathering information, shooting, writing, producing, editing and presenting stories as assigned.
- Contributing story ideas and suggestions.
- Following up on stories assigned by the assignment desk.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of local events and issues.
- Seeking out newsworthy people and events.
- Representing the station with a good presence at public events.
- Rewriting and placing stories on the station website.
You will work with some of the highest digital technology in the market, including Sony XDCAM HD cameras, Harris Velocity editors, ENPS and three live trucks.
Candidates had good communication skills. This job would be a good job to get your foot in the door experience.
This position will require you to carry a camera and all of its gear when covering a story and you must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Send your resume and references to:
NPG of Idaho
1915 N. Yellowstone Hwy.
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a demonstration of your talent on video, either on the web, tape or DVD, please include with your resume.
NPG of Idaho is an EOE. Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check.
When applying for this position, please note your referral source.